Internal School Rules
1. School attendance is compulsory. When a learner has been absent a note from the parent/guardian explaining his/her absence must be sent to the grade educator.
2. General neatness is of paramount importance. Hair, nails and clothes must always be kept clean. All pupils will be checked regularly and any problems will be reported to the parents.
3. No jewellery is to be worn by the learners. Girls may wear small plain studs or sleepers. Watches are worn at the learner’s own risk. Medic Alert discs are not regarded as jewellery.
4. No learner is allowed to leave the school grounds during official school hours without the permission of the Principal or the Deputy.
5. Parent attendance at school functions and Meet the Educator evenings is greatly desired.
6. School bags: Only proper maroon or black suitcases or rucksacks (canvass type) will be allowed. All bags must be clearly marked with the owner’s name, preferably in a discreet place.
7. Lost property: All unmarked items that are not claimed within two weeks will be sold at the clothing exchange.
8. All learners will be well behaved during school hours as well as after school hours. Learners living across the railway line must make use of the subway and not cross over the railway line. Swearing, fighting and stone throwing will not be tolerated.
9. No learner is to enter the school building in the mornings before the bell has rung, except to visit the toilet or on rainy days, without the permission of an educator.
10. The front entrance is not to be used by the learners except when they are arriving late and need to report to the front office. When they are ill, their parents may collect them at the front entrance.
11. Inside the building the following ruling applies while learners are moving in the passages: “No running, no talking or shouting and no bumping”. This is to ensure the safety of all our learners, and to ensure that other classes taking place are not unduly disturbed.
12. All learners must take part in Physical Education (Phys Ed), unless a note to the contrary has been sent. A medical certificate must be sent if the learner is to not participate in Phys Ed for any length of time.
. Cell phones brought to the school by learners must be handed in to the office or the class educator and will be returned to the learners at the end of the school day. Should a learner not hand in his/her cell phone, the school will not be held liable should it be stolen.
As per our weekly newsletter , Cellphones are no longer allowed at school.