Application for admission to Rondebosch East Primary is open to all with no discrimination on the basis of race, gender, culture or faith.
5 year olds turning 6 in the year of admission to school will be given preference. A parent wanting to enroll a child turning 5 into the Grade R class may do so if there is space. This placement does not ensure enrolment into the Grade 1 class the following year since preference will be given to learners turning 7 in Grade One.
Grade 1 Admissions
6 year olds turning 7 in the year of admission will be given preference, as this is the compulsory school going age according to WCED guidelines. Rondebosch East Primary is a community school; therefore preference will be given to learners from the immediate community and environs.
Documents required for the admission of a learner
The parent(s) must fully complete and sign an application form for the admission of a Learner in the form prescribed by the School. The application form together with the additional documents described below must be submitted in order for the application to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
When a parent applies for the admission of a Learner, the Parent must submit copies of:
· an official birth certificate of the Learner ( preferably an unabridged birth
· an immunization card
· A utility bill as proof of residential address
· a copy of the last report card issued by the previous school of the learner or other equivalent documentation from the previous school
· the original transfer certificate from the previous school ( only on
· Copies of ID’s of both parents
· Declaration Form
· Signed declaration of acceptance of the school’s Code of Conduct
Any additional documents as may be prescribed by the school
A parent shall be entitled to submit together with the application, such additional documentation that may demonstrate compliance with the admission criteria described herein below.
If learners are not South African residents, a current study permit is required and the learners will only be accepted into the school if they are not taking the place of a child who is a South African citizen.
School fees can be paid annually or quarterly in advance. Alternatively a debit order may be signed if fees are to be paid monthly.
Maximum Number of learners
Based inter alia on the number of Educators and the Schools’ facilities, the School shall endeavour to keep classes manageable at all times.
Once the desirable numbers are reached, all learners will be placed on a waiting list in the order of preference detailed below:
– Children for whom Rondebosch East Primary is the closest school to their home
– Learners who have / had siblings in the school
– Children of past learners
Enrolment Process at REPS
- PARENTS COLLECT ENROLMENT PACK FROM THE FRONT OFFICE
- PARENTS RETURN COMPLETED DOCUMENTS TO THE FRONT OFFICE
- THE PARENTS MAY BE CONTACTED TO COME FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH THE PRINCIPAL
- PARENTS ARE SENT WRITTEN NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE, AND ARE GIVEN A TIME FRAME WITHIN WHICH TO RESPOND. THE DEPOSIT IS NOW DUE. AN INVITATION FOR OPEN DAY IS INCLUDED IN THIS LETTER.
- PARENT AND LEARNER ATTENDANCE ON OPEN DAY IS IMPORTANT.